Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Blog "Housekeeping" comment.

Time to interject a few “housekeeping” details.

-This blog is really the “proving ground” for a PDF document to be published in conjunction with QuartzFest 2014. After that, if it meets with success, it will be made available, free, on the internet with revisions as needed.

With that in mind, consider the following.

-This is a “give back” project. What little I know about the subject I have learned from others and from personal experience. I strongly believe that part of the amateur radio ethic is to help others learn. This sharing philosophy is fundamental to the growth of amateur radio.

Our knowledge base is so specific that if we do not pass it on, it will fade and ham radio will fade with it. This project takes a huge amount of time, effort and money. I want it to be as good as I can make it. To that end, your contribution, all that I ask, is that you criticize my work and provide suggestions to improve it.

I am especially interested in correcting the errors that you find. I am not an expert in all of the areas to be covered. 

From experience I have learned that just because something works for me, it may have aspects of which I am not aware and it will only work under some specific circumstances. 

If you see shortcomings in my explanations or documentation, please provide detailed information so that I can more correctly represent the issue.

You are my peer review. When you find and error or something that needs expansion (and I am sure you will), PLEASE leave me a comment or send an email to

n1ahh@arrl.net

Your help will aid in making the finished document better.

Oh, I can't get the blog comment feature to work. Can anyone help me activate it?

I included an email link at the top right corner of the blog. Provide your email address and the system will send you each update soon after I publish it. No need to check the blog to keep up to date. As far as I know, I do not have access to the email list. I have no idea what the folks at blogger might do with it though. Still, it is a nice convenience.

Thanks.
Now back to our regularly scheduled program.


73, Ron, N1AHH.